Happy Wednesday all! Easter candy season is upon us, so after the trivia answers I have a couple of candy-filled goodies to sweeten your day.
1. Finish the quote: “If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended…” “That you have but slumber’d here, while these visions did appear.” – Puck, A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare (Extra credit to Jackalopette for being awesome and knowing the whole speech.)
2. Which country is the largest producer of peanuts in the world? China produces over 40% of the world’s peanuts. Who knew?
3. What does “fragolina” mean? Fragolina means “little strawberry” in Italian. The phrase book I had, many moons ago, told me that this is a term of endearment. (And I believe Alys is correct that this is also Strawberry Shortcake’s name in Italia.)
4. You may have noticed Bea Arthur up in our new banner, which one of her co-stars is a well known animal health advocate? Betty White has been an animal advocate for years. She is a wonderfully funny lady and I want to be her when I grow up.
5. Name the artist who wrote the song “Nothing Compares 2 U.” Prince wrote the song, but even he admits that Sinead O’Connor did it better.
6. What is the “lava” in a lava lamp? It is mostly wax, with a little carbon tetrachloride, suspended in water. It works because the wax is less dense than water when it is heated, but more dense when it is cool. The heating element is at the bottom, so the wax expands and rises to the top, where it cools and falls back down to the bottom, and so on.
7. What are the little mushroom guys in Super Mario Bros called? Goombas! And Toads! (I was thinking of the mushroom bad guys when I wrote the question, but BaseballChica reminded me that there are little mushroom good guys as well)
8. What is the better known name for “La Fheile Padraig”? According to Wikipedia, it’s St. Patrick’s Day
9. In Warehouse 13, which artifact almost killed Myka’s father? Edgar Allen Poe’s journal. He got better when the journal was reunited with its pen (it was a bifurcated artifact … I really like the word “bifurcated”).
10. Who is this lovely lady? Angela Lansbury. If I can’t be Betty White when I grow up, I want to be Angela Lansbury. She rocks.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream.
Photo by Trailer screenshot (The Picture of Dorian Gray trailer) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons