Anniversaries are so much fun. I love the traditional gift schedule: paper for one year, wood for five, etc. Many moons ago, I started to make my own, because that’s how I roll. I don’t remember all of it, I know I chose glitter for one year and ink for four, but the rest is kind of fuzzy. I never assigned a proper gift for six months, but thinking about it now I’ve decided that “compilation” is appropriate for a half-year.
1. GenX: The Toys that Warped a Generation – Selena Macintosh
2. Food Safety, Do You Use the Smell Test? – Hattie McDougal
3. Happiness is a Warm Blanket – Luci Furious
4. We Try It: Rockin’ the Minivan – by Sally J Freedman
5. Are You a Logophile? – SaraB
7. That Hijab Thing – Olivia Marudan
8. A Girl’s Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse – PileOfMonkeys
9. Everything I Need to Know I Learned by Playing Barbies – BusterBlonde
10. Weird Food Wednesday: Carrot Carousel – Jen L. Disarray
Bonus Track – Coming Monday, October 4th – Selena Macintosh (so you can see how it all began)
We have hundreds of fantastic pieces from 70+ writers and I am not trying to endorse any one writer over another here. There is no secret message in my “mix-tape,” these are just some of my personal favorites. If you have favorites that I didn’t mention, please give a shout-out in the comments.
Photo By Hmvh, via Wikimedia Commons