Welcome, beach weather! I relish the time of year when I once again revisit the dishes that are best packed up and munched on lazily between dips in the ocean. This Russian Potato Salad recipe is pretty simple and quick to make once you have all the ingredients.
Russian Potato Salad is a savory salad that hits the spot while lounging away any beach day. Confession: this recipe is one I have a very hard time eating in moderation.
Potatoes are my favorite food, and mixing in the kick of the olives and the onion with the crunch of the cucumbers and carrots is rather scrumptious! I don’t always add the peas or red pepper if I don’t have them, and the dish is still a home run, so don’t fret if you miss a veggie here or there.
Toss this Russian Potato Salad in your beach bag with some fresh fruit and lots of water and call it lunch. What are your fave vegan beach dishes?
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup green sliced, pitted olives
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 small cucumber, diced very small
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 canned peeled + roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup canned green peas
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise (or similar vegan mayo substitute)
- I’m not a fan of dill, but if you are, you should totally add some
1. Chop potatoes then boil until soft, but not mushy.
2. Dice or chop onion, cucumber, carrots and red pepper. (You should be able to find sliced olives, but if not now would be the time to chop those too.)
3. Combine potatoes with other veggies. Mix in Vegenaise and chill before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Add dill if you dare.
For a look at what to expect as a finish product, check out this pic.