Here we are at another Friday night open thread, I hope you’re all feeling chatty!
We’re not doing a super points party this weekend, because last weekend got weird. Two gentle reminders:
1. The points are supposed to be silly and fun. The number of points anyone has is no indication of how important or valuable they are; we’re all in this together. Everyone, from the copy editors who toil through the night to make sure we don’t make subject-verb agreement errors or use a hyphen (-) where we need an em-dash (–), to the lurker who’s never even made an account, to writer who only has one article under her or his belt, is a part of the Persephone machine we can’t do without. To encourage moar fun and less fight, I took down the points leaderboard, so now we’re all only competing with ourselves.
2. Having fun with the points is absolutely the point (heh), but don’t exploit the system. Folks caught gaming the points the first time will get a friendly warning by PM. Getting caught twice means removal from the points system and placed in the rank “We can’t have nice things” until such a time as the Evil Unicorn Overlord (me) decides it’s been long enough.
Please continue to have fun with the points, donate to each other for being awesome and keep up all the awesome community things you’ve been doing with these two tidbits in mind.
On to something completely different, and awesome.
A Persephehusband and his wife, @SaraB, are celebrating their 10-year anniversary this month. Mr. B (we know him as Teddy Bear Glittercannon) bought an ad that’s going to run in each of our open threads for a month.
Happy anniversary, you crazy kids.
Latest posts by [E] Selena MacIntosh* (see all)
- Persephone Birthday Giveaway: One Year of Hosting/Support for a Bespoke WP Site - October 10, 2014
- Persephone Birthday Giveaway: You Pick the Tagline - October 10, 2014
- It’s Our Birthday! - October 10, 2014