This has been one of those weeks, where I have reminders for my reminders, and I’m constantly looking at my calendar to make sure I haven’t forgotten an appointment.It seems like the older I get, the harder it is to keep track of everything. It seems to be a typical affliction for women juggling multiple responsibilities on multiple fronts.
Over the past few months I’ve gotten better at keeping track of things, so I thought I’d share what works for me, and if you’d be so kind, PLEASE share what works for you! Once upon a time, I was a pen and paper kind of gal. The trouble is that now, I have a tendency to misplace either the pen, the pencil or both. So I’ve turned to my iPhone.
1) I have become an avid Google calendar user. Right now, I have about 5 calendars, each with their own color. I set reminders so that an alert pops up on my phone. Appointments, kids’ activities and social events all go in the calendar, and then the calendar helps me to remember.
2) Reminders: Reminders is a default app on the iPhone 4. For non-time sensitive tasks, I just enter them as a reminder. It’s a good way to keep random things I’ve been meaning to do all in one place.
3) ZipList: I’ve tried a few list apps, and ZipList has become my favorite. It holds stores, the aisle layout of the stores, and so much more. The meal planning service that I’ve been using for about a month syncs with ZipList, so that when I pick my recipes for the week, the ingredients are automatically sent to the grocery list. It’s kind of amazing.
And that’s pretty much my bag of tricks. How do you stay organized?
Latest posts by [E] Sally J. Freedman (see all)
- Kickstartable: POCKETT Boutique - October 24, 2014
- Kickstartable: The Nancy Drew Board Game - October 17, 2014
- Kickstartable: Orchard House – Home of Little Women: Documentary - October 16, 2014