I have sitcom PMS this month, so I have decided to bow to convention and talk about chocolate. I enjoy chocolate very much, and I have been eating quite a bit between mood swings. How much do you really know about the sweet stuff?
- Which continent produces the most cocoa?
- Which country consumes the most chocolate per capita?
- What are chocolate nibs?
- What did Milton Hershey make before he created the Hershey Bar?
- What is “chocolate bloom?”
- How tall does the average cocoa plant grow?
- Which of Mozart’s operas makes reference to chocolate?
- M&Ms were developed for which group?
- Who has chocolate salty balls?
- True or false – After the Aztecs were conquered by the Spanish, they stopped calling chocolate cacahuatl because the Spanish thought it sounded like poo.
Since its discovery, thousands of years ago, chocolate has been considered the food of the gods. Some cultures, like the Aztecs and Incas, offered it to them to make them happy, others, like the Greeks, thought it was their gift to us. I’m inclined to agree with the Greeks.