No time to make dinner? Hold on! Check out this Superfast Stir-fry recipe. Not even the Flash could make it faster.
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups diced, precooked chicken
- 1 3/4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- hot sauce
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper and saute until the onion softens (3 to 5 minutes). Add the egg, stirring frequently, and continue cooking until the egg firms up (2 to 4 more minutes). Add soy sauce, chicken, rice, scallions, and hot sauce to taste; stir and cook about 3 more minutes, until well blended.
This recipe originally appeared in the July/August 2009 issue of Women’s Health.
Latest posts by Linotte Melodieuse (see all)
- New Show Recap: Once Upon a Time 4×04, “The Apprentice” - October 20, 2014
- New Show Recap: Once Upon a Time 4.03, “Rocky Road” - October 13, 2014
- Birthday Giveaway & Book Review: Blood Diva, by V. M. Gautier - October 10, 2014