It’s vacation week here and everyone is taking it easy. Well, when we’re not preparing for Thanksgiving we are taking it easy. Regardless of where I am, or what I am doing, there are a few things I require to declare a vacation success.
- Sleeping in. I do not believe in getting up early when you don’t have to.
- Reading. This week I am finally reading The Alienist. I’ve always wanted to, but never got around to it for some reason.
- Trying something new. Whether it is a new restaurant, or something like zip-lining (which is AWESOME, by the way), it’s easier to break out of my comfort zone on vacation.
- Shopping. What can I say? I like to shop. I don’t typically spend much money, but I love window shopping in new places. (Fun fact: I have been to the local Barnes & Noble in almost every city I have visited. It’s a quirk of mine.)
- Napping. Vacation naps are the best.
As you can see, I am a terribly exciting person, but I’d rather relax in my time off than come back from a trip feeling like I need another break to recover from my vacation. What about you? What are your favorite vacation activities?