As I said, my search has me thinking about what I like in clothes. I am kind of picky, but in the grand scheme of things, I don’t think I ask for much.
- Pockets. If I had my way, everything would have pockets, but I’ll tell you this; I would rather have no pockets than useless inch-and-a-half deep decorative pockets. Can someone please explain to me the purpose of a pocket that is only deep enough to make you think you can put things in it?
- Hoods. Since I stick to no muss/no fuss hair styles, I’ll take a hood over an umbrella any day. They keep your ears warm, too.
- Softness. I do so love soft fluffy fabrics. One of my favorite garments is my Cookie Monster robe. It was not made to be a Cookie Monster robe, but it is bright blue and furry. No one believes that I did not realize when I bought it that I would look like I had skinned a Muppet.
- Appropriately sized arm holes. I know everyone has different size arms, so there is no way to mass produce perfectly tailored garments. However, there is no excuse for plus-size blouses with super-skinny arms or tops where the sleeve could fit around one’s waist. If it’s a design choice, fine. That is a style I can avoid. When it’s a matter of poor planning, it bugs the crap out of me.
- Cute skirts. You know what’s still one of my favorite things in the world? Wearing a skirt that fans out when I spin around. You can keep your pencil skirts, I’m just waiting for pleats and ruffly hems to come back in style.
So tell me, what makes something a keeper in your wardrobe?