A few weeks ago I gave you 5 tips for surviving the holidays as a non-dieting, body positive person.
So this week I’d like to suggest some body positive and fat positive gifts for the rad fatty in your life!
- Body Positive Books: There are so many out there right now, I couldn’t pick just one. Here are a few I think you’ll love:
- Fat Ladies In Spaaaaace: A Body Positive Coloring Book – This body positive coloring book is a fabulous gift for kids or adults!
- Hot & Heavy: Fierce Fat Girls on Life, Love & Fashion – Features 27 stories from rad fatties. It’s a fun, emotional, juicy ride!
- Fat!So?: Because You Don’t Have To Apologize For Size – The gold standard in body positive books, this is a great read for folks who are new to body positivity as well as more seasoned “professional” fatties.
- Permission To Curve: Inspiring Poses For Curvy Yogis And Their Teachers – This is a beautiful book for body positive yoga lovers. One version includes video podcasts with the author. Not to be missed!
- Stop Dieting Now: 25 Reasons To Stop, 25 Ways To Heal – This is the perfect antidote to the New Year’s weight loss resolutions and a wonderful book for anyone looking to get off the dieting roller coaster. (I know, it may be uncool, I couldn’t leave out my book.)
- Yay! Scale: I love these things. It’s really empowering to step on a scale and see that you’re hot, gorgeous, and beautiful at any size!
- Certain Clothing Store Gift Cards: One of the worst gifts you can give someone is a gift card to a store that doesn’t carry their size. Stores like Kiyonna, Igigi, SWAK Designs and Torrid go up to 5x, which will work for most plus-sized folks, but if you think your giftee may not be in this size range, choose a different gift.
- Body Glitter: I love body glitter. It’s may seem completely frivolous, but I believe that body glitter is one of those things that crowds out body hate. Here are two (1 and 2) that I like.
- Earrings: One of the most lovely things about loving your body is having fun with adornment. Unlike bracelets, rings and necklaces, earrings are really one size fits all (unless your giftee has gauged or unpierced earlobes). Of course, you can go lots of different ways with earrings, but I’ve been eyeing these on pinterest for a few days now.
I hope you have fun checking out these gifts. Happy Holidays!
Golda is a certified holistic health counselor and founder of Body Love Wellness, a program designed for plus-sized women who are fed up with dieting and want support to stop obsessing about food and weight. To learn more about Golda and her work, click here.