Thanks to elected officials who wouldn’t know a uterus from a sorting hat, the magical secrets we all keep in our ladyparts are no longer shrouded in mystery. And that calls for a logic problem.
Thanks to magic, five of the P-mag editors have managed to sync the start of their menstrual cycles to the same week. Since being on her period fills a lady with cramps, blue liquid, and magic powers, each editor was able to accomplish a remarkable feat while Aunt Flo was in town. Additionally, being mindful of things, each editor chooses a different method of flow control. Pour yourself a bowl of feminist granola (no nuts!), wrap up in your Germaine Greer Slanket, and pop a Midol for today’s puzzler.
Here are your clues:
- Slay Belle started her period at some point before the editor who uses a Diva Cup and at some point after the editor who won the EGOT.
- Sara is not the editor that developed superhuman persuasion power.
- The editor who uses tampons and the editor who learned to time travel (in order to buy stock in Apple Computers for all Persephone readers, in the 90s.) started on consecutive days, in some order.
- The editor who uses a Luna Pad started at some point before the editor who cured acne, and at some point after Coco.
- “Damn tootin’,” exclaimed Slay Belle. “I invented the shit out of fission.”
- Coco did not start her period on Monday.
- Hillary started at some point after the editor who uses a Luna Pad.
- The editor who uses tampons is the same editor who won the EGOT, and she started sometime after Sara.
- Either the editor who uses a Diva Cup or the editor who uses nothing started on Tuesday.
Google Docs messes with us every time, so here’s a direct inhouse link for the grid (with clues!) in PDF format.
And, as always, you can find the answer behind the spoiler tag, below.[spoiler] Liza started on Monday, controls her flow with leaves, and developed the power of persuasion.
Sara started on Tuesday, controls her flow with nothing, and learned to time travel.
Coco started on Wednesday, controls her flow with tampons, and won the EGOT.
Slay Belle started on Thursday, controls her flow with a Luna pad, and invented fusion.
Hillary started on Friday, controls her flow with a Diva Cup, and cured acne.[/spoiler]
Latest posts by [E] Selena MacIntosh* (see all)
- Lunchtime Poll: Overthrow the Pumpkinarchy - October 27, 2014
- Persephone Birthday Giveaway: One Year of Hosting/Support for a Bespoke WP Site - October 10, 2014
- Persephone Birthday Giveaway: You Pick the Tagline - October 10, 2014