Last year, four ladyblogs (one was Persephone Magazine, because this is the only way we get into lists of ladyblogs) were infested with obnoxious commenters (one group was Nice Guys™) during four consecutive months (one was August). Each ladyblog found a different way to fight the infestation, including wielding a banhammer. From the clues below, can you figure out which ladyblog was infested in which month, who infested them, and how they handled it?
- The Hairpin, which was infested the month after the ladyblog infested with MRAs, did not battle their trolls with an editorial smackdown.
- Persephone Magazine was infested one month after the blog infested with libertarians, and the month before the blog which battled their trolls with snark.
- Jezebel, which wasn’t infested with Nice Guys™, isn’t the blog which ignored their trolls.
- XO Jane was infested at some point before the ladyblog who fought off the trolls with an editorial smackdown.
- The blog that wielded a banhammer was infested one month after the one infested by One Million Moms.
Download a PDF of the grid and clues below.
Check the answers behind this spoiler-ma-bob.