My grandma wasn’t particularly known for being ambitious in the kitchen. She was more of a, “Let’s throw this together and make time for a nap,” kind of cook. This is a family favorite. The best part for summer? No baking!!!
What you’ll need:
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 c (1/2 pint) sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 container whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 ready-made graham cracker crust (the Oreo kind is pretty amazing as well)
- Fruit topping of your choice. Another reason this is great for summer is because of all the awesome fresh fruit that is available!
What to do:
- Beat cream cheese until smooth
- Gradually beat in sugar
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla
- Fold in whipped topping, blending well
- Spoon into crust
- Toss in the fridge and chill until set, at least 4 hours
- Garnish with fruit
See how easy that is? The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to set up. No one would judge you if you skip the crust and eat the filling straight out of the bowl.
Latest posts by [E]queSarahSarah (see all)
- Birthday Giveaway: Hand-knit Scarf - October 10, 2014
- This Open Thread Just Wants to Go Home - September 16, 2014
- Yes, This Open Thread Would Like to Continue Watching - September 9, 2014