As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve really gotten into 8tracks.com, a website on which members can mix playlists for pretty much whatever they want. Here’s what I’ve been listening to the most this past week at home and at work.
1. Eulogy on the Flapper by Sebastianbrilliance. This playlist is dedicated to Zelda Fitzgerald, the ultimate flapper. This has been a go-to at work because the mix is motivating and I’m familiar with most of the songs. Favorite song: Happy Days and Lonely Nights by Ruth Etting.
2. Persephone Lied by Giantpacificoctopus. This is a playlist based on the poem Persephone Lied, written by an author called Spuffyduds, that has made its way around the Internet. This is one of my favorite playlists; the creator picked some excellent songs that fit the poem perfectly. It actually helped to inspire another project that I really shouldn’t be working on, in addition to all of the others on my plate, but that’s okay. Favorite songs: It’s a tie between The Pursuit of Happiness by Lissie and A Handsome Stranger Called Death by FOE.
3. Irene is Moriarty by Kiisquared. An awesome playlist based on the creative season finale twist on Elementary. May I just say that I loved how the show handled the whole Irene Adler/Professor Moriarty situation and once again turned what was used in BBC’s Sherlock on its head? The songs on this playlist are upbeat and inspire productivity because they are about kickass women and sung by kickass woman artists. Favorite songs: Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds and Q.U.E.E.N by Janelle Monae featuring Erykah Badu.
4. Madness Underneath by Strangestquirk. This is based on the second book in Maureen Johnson’s Shades of London series, The Madness Underneath. Just listen to it. It is awesome, even if you haven’t read the series (which you should!). Favorite song: The Police and the Private by Metric.
5. She Walks in Beauty Like the Night by Moreofalark. This is a playlist about gothic heroines, which has helped me with another project I’m working on, and it also features some beautiful songs. Favorite song: Blinding by Florence + the Machine.
Do any of you use this site? Any particular playlists you like?Related