I got into Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab’s scents during my days commenting over at Jezebel, and it seemed that every commenter who was into it had their own favorite scent. Of course, the way I am, I love about a bazillion favorite scents, depending on my mood and depending on the season. So here, in no particular order, are my five favorite BPAL scents for fall, with the descriptions provided from the website:
1. Bliss – Bewitching Brews Collection. A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the seratonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate!
2. Hollywood Babylon – Wanderlust Collection. The essence of innocence shattered: glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla – dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry.
3. Bastet – Excolo Collection. Bast, Ubasti, Ailuros, Ba-en-Aset. Represented as both a domestic cat and a fierce lioness, she truly evidences traits of both. She is the Mother of All Cats, Goddess of Sensuality, and a guardian and protector of women. She is also one of the Eyes of Ra, and in that aspect is an Avenging Goddess, seeking retribution and punishing enemies of her people. Luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian, musk, fierce saffron, and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom, and gold lotus.
4. La Bella Donna Mia Miente – Bewitching Brews Collection. Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice, and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.
5. Blood Pearl – Bewitching Brews Collection. Lustrous, sanguine, soft, and lavish: soft orris, blood musk, and coconut.
The best deals are usually the Imp’s Ears; you can get a sample of six scents for about $35.00, and they also throw in some extra samples, too. And if you don’t like what you got, the website offers a forum on which you can trade your imps ears.
Are you a BPAL fan? What scents are your favorites?