I think it’s been established that I’m a huge fan of 8tracks.com. As much as I’ve listened to it, I’ve never made a mix on it to share. Then I decided to make a mix for myself when the Fanmix Yourself meme starting showing up everywhere.
The Faxmix Yourself meme entails making a playlist with the following criteria, then publishing it on 8tracks.com:
- A song that reminds you of your favourite season/day/month
- A song that you prefer to listen to at night
- A song that reminds you of someone you care about
- A song that you cannot stand
- A song that makes you feel like flying
- A song that makes you feel like falling
- A song that you listen to when you’re sad
- One song that you’ve fallen in love with recently because of the lyrics
- One instrumental song that you love
- A song that you want to hear live
- A song that is about something you love
- A song that makes you want to run until you’re some place very far away
- Two songs that always bring a vivid image of something to your mind (can be a place, an action, a person : walking under the sunshine, taking a train, climbing on your rooftop, your dog, anything)
- Bonus: a song that you want to share with your followers
Signing up for Soundcloud and then allowing 8tracks.com to access your account allows you a lot more access to songs for your playlist. I found this out the hard way.
My fanmix is here. I actually had a lot of fun making it!
Have any of you done this? If so, share! If you haven’t, then make one and please share with the rest of us!Related
Latest posts by Linotte Melodieuse (see all)
- Book Review: Alias Hook, by Lisa Jensen - August 18, 2014
- Linotte Reads 50 Shades: Fifty Shades Freed, Chapter Twenty-five – Part Two - August 14, 2014
- Linotte Reads 50 Shades: Fifty Shades Freed, Chapter Twenty-five – Part One - August 13, 2014