I think it’s been established that I’m a huge fan of 8tracks.com. As much as I’ve listened to it, I’ve never made a mix on it to share. Then I decided to make a mix for myself when the Fanmix Yourself meme starting showing up everywhere.
The Faxmix Yourself meme entails making a playlist with the following criteria, then publishing it on 8tracks.com:
- A song that reminds you of your favourite season/day/month
- A song that you prefer to listen to at night
- A song that reminds you of someone you care about
- A song that you cannot stand
- A song that makes you feel like flying
- A song that makes you feel like falling
- A song that you listen to when you’re sad
- One song that you’ve fallen in love with recently because of the lyrics
- One instrumental song that you love
- A song that you want to hear live
- A song that is about something you love
- A song that makes you want to run until you’re some place very far away
- Two songs that always bring a vivid image of something to your mind (can be a place, an action, a person : walking under the sunshine, taking a train, climbing on your rooftop, your dog, anything)
- Bonus: a song that you want to share with your followers
Signing up for Soundcloud and then allowing 8tracks.com to access your account allows you a lot more access to songs for your playlist. I found this out the hard way.
My fanmix is here. I actually had a lot of fun making it!
Have any of you done this? If so, share! If you haven’t, then make one and please share with the rest of us!Related