I am not a big fan of wedding shows. I find that they play into a bunch of super annoying stereotypes and traditions that exist in everyday life and are only exacerbated by weddings. But, my mom is a fan of Say Yes to the Dress so I’ve seen many, many episodes of it against my will. Awhile back, I was watching couldn’t help but think it is so cliched and formulaic that there simply must be a drinking game for it. I Googled, but there really isn’t anything good, so I made my own.
Say Yes to the Dress Drinking Game:
Take one drink:
- When the consultants have a meeting.
- If the episode has an obvious theme like “fathers” or “curvy brides.”
- If the bride has pictures from a magazine.
- If the consultant talks about how difficult it will be to find the right gown on such a tight budget.
- If the bride refers to her fiance as her “soul mate.”
- If the bride tries on a gown by Pnina Tourne.
- Every time someone says “special day,” “princess,” “little girl” or “fairy tale.”
- If someone says the dress should have that “wow factor.”
- When Randy swoops in to save the sale.
- If a bride brings her father (two drinks if the father cries).
- If a bride brings her fiance (two drinks if he looks bored).
- If a bride argues with her mother.
- If the bride brings more than three people with her.
- If a bride has some kind of sob story.
- If a bride references dissatisfaction with her own figure (two drinks if she mentions how many pounds she has lost or wants to lose).
- If the wedding is going to be on a beach.
- If the consultant brings her a dress more than $500 over her budget (two drinks if she actually buys it).
- If the bride buys a dress that is sheer/looks like lingerie.
- Whenever anyone makes a joke about it being harder to pick a dress than a husband.
- Someone cries.
- If the bride leaves without buying anything.
- If the consultant looks really annoyed with the bride.
- If a bride is buying a second dress because she didn’t like the first one.
- If the bride brings along someone incredibly overbearing or controlling who dominates the appointment.
- If the bride falls in love with a dress that’s way out of her price range and her parents buy it for her anyway.
Finish your drink if:
- Someone buys a $20,000 wedding dress.
Please comment if you think there’s something else that should be here!
This post originally appeared on a blog I no longer update. A version recently ran on my newer site, Reluctantly Adultish.
Latest posts by [E] Liza (see all)
- This Weekend Open Thread is Instagramming Her Fat Boobs - July 18, 2014
- This Weekend Open Thread is Not THAT Kind of Tea Party - July 11, 2014
- Ladyghosts of TV Past: Daria, 1×03, “College Bored” - July 7, 2014