So here’s the deal kittens: I’m currently in Georgia for the next few weeks, writing this on a touch screen tablet so I will keep this brief. Here are a few things I have learned while traveling and trying to be prepared:
- Pack Band-Aids.
- If you are checking a bag, make sure it is at least 5 lbs underweight to accommodate for scale differences.
- If you are like me and staying somewhere for a few weeks, pack as much food as you can. I had 25 lbs of food in my suitcase that I could eat in case things fell through financially. I’m here for several weeks, so the food will be mostly used up by my return flight if everything works as I have planned.
- Snacks in your carry-on are imperative for mental well-being and delays.
- Whatever you pack in your checked baggage, be ready to accept the possibility that you’ll never see it again. Because of this, my favorite dresses stayed home.
- And finally, assume everything you have will be searched. My shit was!
Now does anyone have any questions I can answer when I get back to my pantry and laptop?