This is the 10,000th post we’ve published. We should have a party.
10. Ten is our lucky number. We opened on 10/10/10. Based on research, we get the highest visitor return rate when we run ten posts per day. David Tennant is the imaginary boyfriend of more than one member of our staff. We don’t fight. There’s plenty imaginary David for all of us.
9. We’re certified experts (according to search engines) on some really cool stuff. Like the Krampus. Or “Baby It’s Cold Outside.” Or images for Facebook comments. Tumblr relies on this post when our celebrity crushes and role models do dumb shit. Reddit, XOJane, and the delightful Militant Baker send everyone here to read this amazing post. We’re okay with being known for these things.
7. Being the best kept secret on the Internet means we can talk about everything from anime to feminism to politics to gifs to French history to which female literary character would whip other female literary characters in battle. We are beholden to no one.
6. The mighty Persephone was forged in fire, with the help of FARK, six servers, one lawsuit, at least a dozen mysterious site crashes, that time we almost got kicked out of Google, and the early days when I didn’t know what I was doing under the hood and broke everything.
5. In spite of the 99% of our content that isn’t about sex, our sex posts get 80% of our search engine traffic. This used to make me frustrated, but now I embrace it. At least the search engine visitors are probably learning something.
4. The women who write/work for P-Mag are some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met, and I’d work with every single one of them again.
3. We get to laugh when the people who want us to buy something from them call us “persa phone.” And laugh because they think we have any money to buy stuff.
2. All the unicorns.
1. The coolest thing, by far, about posting 10,000 articles on P-Mag, however, is that we’re planning on posting at least 10k more.
Latest posts by [E] Selena MacIntosh* (see all)
- Sponsored: Celebrate Diabetes Awareness Month with Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom - November 25, 2014
- 10 Ways to Stay Organized While Working 80 Hours a Week - November 19, 2014
- Ladyblog You Should Be Reading: Ravishly - November 10, 2014