I believe I should warn you that this was written under the influence of two glasses of wine. Suffice it to say, this was fun.
1. My father has multiple nicknames for me, mostly based on nonsense words, but the one he uses the most is Ruby Jr. Ruby was my dad’s mom and through the wonderful way traits and mannerisms get passed down, I’m very much like her in both good ways and bad. Mostly, my family comments on how I walk, stand, talk and think like her. Personality traits: resilient, caring, obstinate, prone to worry and depression.
2. My kindergarten teacher told my mom that I would never be able to read at grade level and would struggle all my life with reading in general. I overheard my mom telling my dad this and even at five or six years of age, I wanted to prove her wrong. I was reading far above grade level by the beginning of second grade. Personality traits: determined, hard headed.
3. By fifth grade, I would have my entire reading textbook practically memorized a few weeks after school started, so I took to reading my own books inside my textbook while the teacher was going over the lesson. I was yelled at many times throughout the year when I got caught, but I kept doing it. Personality traits: quietly subversive
4. I know without a shadow of a doubt I’ve spent more money on books than shoes in my lifetime, though as I’ve gotten older that margin has decreased. Personality traits: voracious reader, late-blooming fashionista
5. I have spent the majority of my young adult life in one form of Christian church or another, but have become increasingly disillusioned though I still believe in a higher power of some kind. Personality traits: cynic, seeker, newly converted heathen
6. I used to watch TV shows and movies and come up with alternate endings or different plotlines in my head, sometimes including me. It wasn’t until later that I realized I was imagining fan fiction before I knew what that even was. Personality traits: creative, highly active imagination
7. Given my highly religious background, I did not lose my virginity until far later than the average and I still feel like I need to make up for lost time. Personality trait: perpetually hornyRelated