I just made this recipe this weekend, and it is delicious. It’s from the French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook. The recipe can also be accessed at frenchwomendontgetfat.com. As always, just stay with the recipe pages, as French Women Don’t Get Fat was a diet program in the mid-2000s. It doesn’t mean that the food still isn’t worth it, though!
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 1-inch slices of brioche or challah, preferably a day or two old
- 4 bars (4 squares of chocolate 2 oz each) of dark chocolate (preferably more than 60% cacao)
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
Preheat the oven to 325° F. Place the brioche slices on a baking sheet and top each with a chocolate bar. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, and season with salt to taste. Bake in the preheated oven 4 to 5 minutes, until the chocolate is molten. Drizzle with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and serve immediately.
Trust — it’s very delicious!
Latest posts by Linotte Melodieuse (see all)
- Linotte Reads 50 Shades: Fifty Shades Freed, Chapter Twenty-five – Part One - September 16, 2014
- Catherine Eddowes, Aaron Kosminiski, and the Question of a Shawl - September 11, 2014
- Book Review: From Whitechapel, by Melanie Clegg - September 9, 2014