Winter is tough on skin, particularly this winter thanks to all the snow and subarctic temperatures. My skin and hair have been dry, I look pale and washed-out, and I feel just generally blah. Luckily, I have some beauty products I can rely on during the winter to get me out of that rut. Here are five of them.
- Burt’s Bees Hand Salve. This stuff is a miracle worker. My hands get so dry and chapped that they crack and bleed when it gets really cold out, and hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap only make matters worse. This salve helps alleviate the cracking and the bleeding, and as a bonus, it also helps to moisturize heels!
- Now Foods Coconut Oil. I’ve heard this referred to as a “facelift in a jar.” I put it on my face at night to keep my skin moisturized and use it as a deep conditioner for my hair at least once a week. It’s not that expensive, either!
- Nyx Cosmetics Powder Blush in Pinched. A little bit of this goes a long way, since Nyx blush is very highly pigmented. And with a good primer (I like Nyx High HD Studio Primer, as a little bit of that goes a long way, too), it lasts all day and keeps me from looking as pale as the Pillsbury Doughboy.
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. Since the winter dries out my hands, my cuticles get dry, too. This stuff smells like lemons, a perfect pick-me-up from the winter blues!
- Curiosité No. 11 Let Them Eat Cake Perfume by Tokyo Milk. This smells absolutely divine, like a vanilla birthday cake with a hint of coconut and sugarcane. Wear it and feel like a queen.
Do any of you have winter beauty products you can’t live without?