This recipe is more like a glorified smoothie than actual ice-cream. With Nutella. Best of all, there is no need to futz with making custard or finding yourself an ice cream maker.
I originally found the recipe on Apartment Therapy via Pinterest, but this dish consists more of guidelines than actual recipe.
- 2 bananas, ripened to your desired level of brown/not brown (my mom likes them with lots of spots as she considers those sweeter)
- 1/4 c Nutella (Add more or less, depending on your mood)
- Cut the bananas into coins and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until frozen.
- Place frozen bananas in the food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add Nutella and blend. Taste. Add more Nutella, if you so desire.
You can store this in the freezer for a couple of days, but trust me when I say it won’t make it that long.
The possibilities for this recipe are endless. Add fruit instead of Nutella if that’s your jam. The attraction of this recipe is that it is both easy and easily changed to accommodate anyone’s tastes: make your second ingredient dairy-free for the lactose intolerant or use peanut butter for a vegan treat.