Ninety-nine percent of the world would call this a recipe for Sloppy Joes, but in the town where I grew up, it’s Hamburger Barbecue. Everyone’s grandmother has a recipe for it, but mine had the best.
This is a super easy recipe and only takes a few minutes to throw together, but to get the full flavors, you’ll want to cook it slow and low for the afternoon. I haven’t tried this in a crock pot, but I’m sure it would give you the same results.
For this you will need:
- 1 c. water
- 2 c. tomato paste
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 2 t. salt
- 4 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. dry mustard
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 2 t. paprika
- 4 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain and return to pan.
2. While meat is cooking, blend other ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add sauce to meat. Cook over low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Serve on your favorite roll. (My favorite is potato rolls.)Related
Latest posts by [E]queSarahSarah (see all)
- Yes, This Open Thread Would Like to Continue Watching - September 9, 2014
- This Open Thread is Talking About Lunch - August 19, 2014
- This OT is Pouring One Out for Robin Williams - August 12, 2014