These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition and/or Giveaway (as defined below) (the ‘Competition and/or Giveaway Terms’) are known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any Competition and/or Giveaway (the ‘Competition and/or Giveaway’) that is promoted on the Persephone Magazine website (http://persephonemagazine.com) and by entering the Competition and/or Giveaway, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- Persephone Magazine reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or Giveaway and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of Persephone Magazine’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition and/or Giveaway, will be posted on the Persephone Magazine website (http://persephonemagazine.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition and/or Giveaway, or any other matter relating to a Competition and/or Giveaway, the decision of Persephone Magazine shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Persephone Magazine.
Competition and/or Giveaway Entrants
- By entering the Competition and/or Giveaway, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Persephone Magazine reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition and/or Giveaway.
- No person may enter the Competition and/or Giveaway if the Competition and/or Giveaway breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms, the Competition and/or Giveaway is open to persons of any age. Persephone Magazine assumes that by entering into the Competition and/or Giveaway, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition and/or Giveaway and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Persephone Magazine’s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- Persephone Magazine reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Persephone Magazine disqualifying that person, without Persephone Magazine giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition and/or Giveaway, Persephone Magazine will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
Competition and/or Giveaway Entries
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date (Monday, October 14, at 12:01 a.m., EST) and in the manner set out in the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition and/or Giveaway or access the website.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms, only one Entry per medium (site comment, Facebook like, Tweet, and Tumblr reblog) per person is permitted. In the event that Persephone Magazine discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 5 in the category above.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms, Persephone Magazine accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition and/or Giveaway Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Persephone Magazine in its sole discretion).
- Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, Persephone Magazine reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason Persephone Magazine reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, Persephone Magazine reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 5 above.
- Persephone Magazine accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition and/or Giveaway, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- Persephone Magazine accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
- You agree that Persephone Magazine (and any third party authorized by Persephone Magazine) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition and/or Giveaway) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the Persephone Magazine website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Persephone Magazine the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Persephone Magazine (and any third party authorized by Persephone Magazine) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition and/or Giveaway.
- Persephone Magazine will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and/or Giveaway only to provide winners with their prizes. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their online name and(b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition and/or Giveaway publicity.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition and/or Giveaway), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with US law.
Copies of these Rules
- A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending an email with the subject line “Persephone Magazine Giveway Rules, Terms, and Conditions” to email@example.com.