Dove’s “Real Beauty Sketches” video went viral this week, but what does it really say about how we perceive ourselves versus how we perceive others?
Latest posts by Crystal Coleman (see all)
- New Show Recap: Bones Episode 9.09, “The Fury in the Jury - November 18, 2013
- New Show Recap: Bones, Episode 9.08, “The Dude in the Dam” - November 13, 2013
- New Show Recap: Bones, 9.07, “The Nazi on the Honeymoon” - November 6, 2013
Today’s biting LI/HI is about a subject we know was an important part of many of your childhoods.
Latest posts by [E] Selena MacIntosh* (see all)
- Sponsored: Celebrate Diabetes Awareness Month with Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom - November 25, 2014
- 10 Ways to Stay Organized While Working 80 Hours a Week - November 19, 2014
- Ladyblog You Should Be Reading: Ravishly - November 10, 2014
It’s a Love It/Hate It extravaganza this week, as we bring you not one, not two, but three gripping tales of things some of us like that some of us don’t like. Today’s topic: Facebook. Today’s players: Hillary and me, Selena.
[Trigger warning for discussion of rape and suicide] Here we are again.
High school senior Suzy Lee Weiss made waves when her op-ed about the college admissions process was published in the Wall Street Journal last Friday. Ms. Weiss had a GPA of 4.5, scored 2120 on the SAT, and had served as a Senate page, but when she got rejection letters from several top schools in one day, she decided to … Read More
Latest posts by Dr. Deah Schwartz (see all)
- Practice Practice Practice! - October 31, 2013
- From Diapers to Thongs: Discuss - March 29, 2013
- Why IS This Night Different from all Other Nights? (Or Is It?) - March 27, 2013
On March 18, 2013, I found an article in my inbox sent by a colleague with the note, “YOU HAVE to blog about this!!” The piece, “Victoria’s Secret is coming for your Middle Schooler,” was written by Amy Gerwing and posted on the website, The Black Sphere.
Latest posts by Bryn Donovan (see all)
- Prepping for NaNoWriMo: Who Are You People Anyway? - October 30, 2014
- Prepping for NaNoWriMo: Simple Plotting for Smart Writers - October 29, 2014
- Prepping for NaNoWriMo: Quick, What’s Your NaNo Story About? - October 27, 2014
Doing something kind or charitable makes us happy the way food and sexual pleasure make us happy, according to several studies. “Oh, really? What studies?” you may ask. Well, this one, this one, and the ones cited here, for instance. SEVERAL STUDIES.
Latest posts by Susan (see all)
- I Will Not Follow the Herd - August 26, 2014
- WIC Up My Sleeve: How it Feels to Use Government Assistance - July 28, 2014
- Entitled - July 7, 2014
“I expect something like this from Fox News, but CNN?” – Facebook commenter on my feed. [Trigger warning for discussion of rape.]