Clothes shopping can be tough because I’m fat, but I do know how to sew and if worse comes to worst, I can create clothes for myself. Bra shopping is a pain, but at least no one will see those bras (without my permission). But shoes. Shoes. I’ve worn an 11 in women’s shoes since I was about 12 years … Read More
This week’s column is inspired partly by this post, which highlights some of the awesome things about the country of Pakistan; one of which is their fashion industry.
Latest posts by [E] Liza (see all)
- This Weekend Open Thread Wants to Fly to New Zealand - October 24, 2014
- This Weekend Open Thread is Sick and Tired of Gamer Bros - October 17, 2014
- This Weekend Open Thread is a Birthday Party - October 10, 2014
We deal with uncomfortable wires all the time, you know.
Advocate, Writer, Geek.
Multiply Disabled, Queer, and proudly Autistic.
Primary Obsession: Institutions, History of Care of people with MH/DDs
Also obsessed with: Social Justice, Cats, Victorian Romanticism, and Doctor Who.
Bland, easy dressing sometimes sounds like a relief — unless you aren’t “normal.”
Full disclosure — I will always advocate overdressing for an interview. I have also gotten every job I have ever interviewed for. Coincidence? I think not.
If I could spend my entire life in sweatpants, a tank top, a hoodie, and slippers, I would. Unfortunately, since I have to leave the house and look presentable every day, that isn’t an option. I can do the next best thing, though, which is fancy up the most basic basics into quite cute little outfits.
Latest posts by Linotte Melodieuse (see all)
- New Show Recap: Once Upon a Time, Episode 4×05, “Breaking Glass” - October 29, 2014
- Five Classic Scary Movies You Can Watch Right Now - October 27, 2014
- New Show Recap: Once Upon a Time 4×04, “The Apprentice” - October 20, 2014
Winter is tough on skin, particularly this winter thanks to all the snow and subarctic temperatures. My skin and hair have been dry, I look pale and washed-out, and I feel just generally blah. Luckily, I have some beauty products I can rely on during the winter to get me out of that rut. Here are five of them.