Greetings, everyone. This week, I have lots of links related to the Umpqua Community College shooting and other matters of gun violence, but we’ve got a few bright spots to cover too, so let’s get started.
Happy Wednesday all! Easter candy season is upon us, so after the trivia answers I have a couple of candy-filled goodies to sweeten your day. Read More TDG: 3/16, and Answers to Last Night’s Trivia
I decided I was in the mood for some good, old-fashioned trivia tonight. No themes, no quirks, just a mixed-bag of random bits and pieces scavenged from the dusty corners of my mind. Come on and dive right in, the trivia’s fine.
1. Finish the quote: “If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended…” The next two lines are sufficient. Half credit will be given for identifying playwright, play and character.
2. Which country is the largest producer of peanuts in the world?
3. What does “fragolina” mean?
4. You may have noticed Bea Arthur up in our new banner, which one of her co-stars is a well known animal health advocate?
5. Name the artist who wrote the song “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
6. What is the “lava” in a lava lamp?
7. What are the little mushroom guys in Super Mario Bros called?
8. What is the better known name for “La Fheile Padraig”?
9. In Warehouse 13, which artifact almost killed Myka’s father?
10. Who is this lovely lady?
Photo by Trailer screenshot (The Picture of Dorian Gray trailer) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons