For the last several years, I’ve been recapping HBO’s True Blood here on Persephone Magazine. A longtime fan of both The Southern Vampire Mystery series, on which the show is based, and of vampire-based pop culture, I was excited to see HBO pick up the series. I loved the shows initial blend of camp and gore and its willingness to … Read More
Latest posts by Cate Young (see all)
- Nicki Minaj’s #Anaconda And Reclaiming “Black Girl Sexy” - November 5, 2014
- On Using #GoneGirl As An Excuse For Misogynistic “Fear” - October 31, 2014
- Pop Culture, Racism And Values Dissonance: Dr. Algernon Edwards On Cinemax’s #TheKnick - October 1, 2014
I want to talk about last night’s episode of Glee. Specifically the return of Samcedes.
Whether you go old school with the high five or play it cool with a fist bump, I’ve got gifs for you!
Latest posts by philososaurus (see all)
- The “Skinny” on Skinny Vodka - June 28, 2012
- Representing the Underrepresented: How I Met Your Mother and Performative Contradictions - June 20, 2012
- I Don’t Wanna Grow Up: The Real Reason Why Everyone Hates Jerry - June 19, 2012
Every show has one… the token minority character. Tokenism, as we’re all aware, is wildly problematic.
Have you ever realized how many musical shows are on television now? Glee, The Voice, American Idol, America’s Got Talent, and even Dancing With the Stars. There is a new one starting with Kelly Clarkson, Duets.
Latest posts by [E] Sally J. Freedman (see all)
- Kickstartable: Element Botanicals Project Make. More. Grow. - November 21, 2014
- Kickstartable: The Circus - November 7, 2014
- Kickstartable: POCKETT Boutique - October 24, 2014
Welcome back to another edition where I show my lack of pop culture.
Good evening, Persephoneers! Yet again I’m here in my pajamas, though at least this time with good reason, which also happens to be the explanation for why I haven’t been around much lately: I’m not well. In fact, the only one in the Juniper Household not to have been unwell is Juniper Puss. The rest of us, meanwhile, have had … Read More