Cassandra Panek of Synthetic Shadows is a suburban Philadelphia based photographer and artist. During the month of October, Panek has been producing a fantastically awesome Halloween-themed portrait series. She has shared some selections from her series, as well as some thoughts on her process, with Persephone Magazine. – Slay
Latest posts by Sara Habein (see all)
- Lunchtime Poll: Non-Canon Thanksgiving Foods - November 24, 2014
- Friday News Bites: Marriage Equality in Montana + More - November 21, 2014
- Book Review: The Abortionist’s Daughter by Elisa DeCarlo - November 20, 2014
Happy Friday! We have some more marriage equality updates, a timeline for future comic book movies, and the untimely passing of some notable people. Also, there’s a rather weird music/intelligence “study” with which I have some problems. Let’s get started:
In which my dream to do a group Heathers-themed Halloween costume is validated, Anaïs Nin continues to fascinate, and people have feelings about leggings. Plus much more!
Latest posts by Marena (see all)
- I’m Not a Turkey Dinner: On the Commodification & Consumption of Indigenous Women’s Bodies - August 28, 2014
- New Show Recap: American Horror Story 3×13, “The Seven Wonders” - January 31, 2014
- Macklemore, Tim Wise, & Anti-Racist Posturing (Or How NOT to be an Ally) - January 29, 2014
Ever since I was a child, I’ve been fascinated by accounts of death and murder. For me, it went beyond my love of horror films and the macabre and onto the deaths and murders of real, living people. With the advent of Wikipedia and the easy access I have to the internet, I was surprised but pleased to find out … Read More
While we were off, this writer vacationed in a winter wonderland. That didn’t stop me from reading ALL the blogs. Here’s a taste of what occupied my time over the holidays. What did you read?
Latest posts by Emma Glitterbomb (see all)
- My Life in Burlesque: The Art of the Quick Change - October 8, 2014
- My Life in Burlesque: The Dos and Don’ts of Attending a Show - July 31, 2014
- My Life in Burlesque: Reflecting (While Scantily Clad) - June 4, 2014
Public nudity doesn’t scare me. Many other things do.
I am at that age. The one at which everyone you know is getting married. Right now, I’m attending at least two or three weddings every year, and I’m LOSING MY MIND. There are some things that need to stop very, very soon.
I used to think that I was an incredible pet photographer. But it turns out it’s not hard to get some great shots when you are with your pets nonstop and always have your phone on you. The pressure’s certainly on when you are photographing a shelter dog. Not only do you have limited time with the dog, you’re trying … Read More