In which my dream to do a group Heathers-themed Halloween costume is validated, Anaïs Nin continues to fascinate, and people have feelings about leggings. Plus much more!
Latest posts by Marena (see all)
- I’m Not a Turkey Dinner: On the Commodification & Consumption of Indigenous Women’s Bodies - August 28, 2014
- New Show Recap: American Horror Story 3×13, “The Seven Wonders” - January 31, 2014
- Macklemore, Tim Wise, & Anti-Racist Posturing (Or How NOT to be an Ally) - January 29, 2014
Ever since I was a child, I’ve been fascinated by accounts of death and murder. For me, it went beyond my love of horror films and the macabre and onto the deaths and murders of real, living people. With the advent of Wikipedia and the easy access I have to the internet, I was surprised but pleased to find out … Read More
While we were off, this writer vacationed in a winter wonderland. That didn’t stop me from reading ALL the blogs. Here’s a taste of what occupied my time over the holidays. What did you read?
Latest posts by Emma Glitterbomb (see all)
- My Life in Burlesque: The Art of the Quick Change - October 8, 2014
- My Life in Burlesque: The Dos and Don’ts of Attending a Show - July 31, 2014
- My Life in Burlesque: Reflecting (While Scantily Clad) - June 4, 2014
Public nudity doesn’t scare me. Many other things do.
I am at that age. The one at which everyone you know is getting married. Right now, I’m attending at least two or three weddings every year, and I’m LOSING MY MIND. There are some things that need to stop very, very soon.
I used to think that I was an incredible pet photographer. But it turns out it’s not hard to get some great shots when you are with your pets nonstop and always have your phone on you. The pressure’s certainly on when you are photographing a shelter dog. Not only do you have limited time with the dog, you’re trying … Read More
Chocolate and ugly baby animals keep me from being as awesome as I could be. I know all the names of the cats in my building (but not the names of their humans) so I guess I am the crazy cat neighbor.
Once upon a time I was a photographer. Semi-professional.
Latest posts by Sara Habein (see all)
- Comics! Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor #2 + The Eleventh Doctor #2 - October 22, 2014
- Record Machine: Synthetica by Metric - October 21, 2014
- Friday News Bites: Animals! Marriage! Space! Oh My. - October 17, 2014
Although beauty is subjective, sometimes our culture seems to decide, collectively, what we “should” consider beautiful. Is it straight teeth? The right outfit? A certain weight? Time period and geography change the ideal, but The Beautiful Anthology considers a more personal definition, beyond the “shoulds” of the world. Twenty-seven writers contribute to this collection with essays, stories, and poems all … Read More