The other day, I received the answer to my prayers (well, I at least received the answer to the question I asked last week). My co-worker was lamenting the lack of decent shows on television this summer, except for this one new program that just started on ABC Family called Twisted.
Last week, I wrote about the Writers Guild of America’s list of the 101 best-written television shows. I agreed with much of the list, especially the inclusion of The Twilight Zone. Realizing that I hadn’t watched an episode in a very long time, I fell into the rabbit hole that is Wikipedia and YouTube the other day while I was … Read More
Latest posts by The Unprofessional Critic (see all)
- To Query or Not to Query: That is the Neverending Million-Dollar Hair-Pulling-Out-of-Head Question - June 30, 2014
- Interview: Tawna Fenske, Author of “Frisky Business” - May 30, 2014
- Interview: Author Stacey Ballis (Plus a Book Giveaway!) - January 30, 2014
TW: two of the following books contain violence. I’m a book slut: I have a lot of different desires, tastes and passions, ever-changing according to my mood. Lately, I’ve been gravitating toward suspenseful reads that have me scooting forward on my tiny el train seat, frantically clicking the Forward button on my Nook until the satisfying end.
Latest posts by Sara Habein (see all)
- Friday News Bites: Arts, SCIENCE! + More - October 31, 2014
- Friday News Bites: Obituaries, Comic Book Movies + More - October 24, 2014
- Comics! Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor #2 + The Eleventh Doctor #2 - October 22, 2014
If it’s odd that one of my favorite books centers around a sociopathic murderer, I don’t care.
Latest posts by Linotte Melodieuse (see all)
- New Show Recap: Once Upon a Time, Episode 4×05, “Breaking Glass” - October 29, 2014
- Five Classic Scary Movies You Can Watch Right Now - October 27, 2014
- New Show Recap: Once Upon a Time 4×04, “The Apprentice” - October 20, 2014
Happy Friday, Persephoneers! I hope you had a good week, regardless of whether or not it meant a vacation or just a normal old week for you. But regardless, here is this week’s classic movie pick to start your weekend off just right. We have some mystery, intrigue, and forbidden love in the 1947 film “The Lady from Shanghai,” which … Read More
Latest posts by La Belle AmÃ©lie (see all)
- Royal Wedding Live Blog! - April 29, 2011
- Movie Nights: Charade - April 14, 2011
- Don’t Complain That It’s Getting Warmer! Soup is Good No Matter What the Weather! - April 13, 2011
I’ve been on a classic movie kick lately. My most current re-watch? Charade. I love Carey Grant and Audrey Hepburn, so together they make a magical pair, and to me, even better than in Roman Holiday.