Fire up your favorite web clipper because I read so much cool stuff this past week.
Latest posts by Elfity (see all)
- Superhero Sexism: Damsel in Distress Undies and Pink Wonder Woman - June 14, 2013
- Shocker (Not): Women Like Game of Thrones - June 7, 2013
- The El Salvadoran Government is Killing Beatriz - May 31, 2013
In recent celebrity feud news, Taylor Swift is out for the blood of feminist heroes Amy Poehler and Tina Fey and is invoking the tenets of feminism to do so. So who’s really in the wrong here?
Latest posts by Mary (see all)
- Book Review: “The Cuckoo’s Calling,” by Robert Galbraith - September 13, 2013
- Twelfth Doctor 101 - August 13, 2013
- Life Without Summer Vacation - August 8, 2013
If you were a fan of 30 Rock, you know that last Thursday the series came to an end. For good. And while I know that it was time for the show to leave, I’m still sad that it won’t be on any more. You see, the show and Liz Lemon meant a lot to me.
Latest posts by [E] Slay Belle (see all)
- 31 Days of Halloween: Day 29, Slay’s Big List of Monstrous Music - October 29, 2014
- 31 Days of Halloween — Day 28, Personal Chills - October 28, 2014
- 31 Days of Halloween — Day 27, Such Links to Show You - October 27, 2014
Listen up fives, a ten is speaking.
Over the past few years, it seems like every other celebrity (and I am using this term loosely) has come out with a memoir. Sometimes, it’s someone who I don’t think half of the country has even heard of, and I find myself at Barnes & Noble thinking, Really? Some agent was able to sell the story of a Bachelor … Read More
Read as an autobiography or memoir, Bossypants probably isn”™t very compelling. Read as a book of humorous essays, however, it becomes a book that you only put down so that you can go grab your husband or coworker from the other room and make them listen to you read entire pages aloud, knowing full well that you can never impart in your voice exactly why it”™s so damn funny to you.
Latest posts by Meghan Williams (see all)
- On Lena Dunham’s Nakedness and What It All Means - March 14, 2012
- What’s the True Value of Celebrity Political Endorsements? - February 17, 2012
- How n+1 gets Ladyblogs wrong - February 9, 2012
In the past twenty years, Comedy Central and humorous websites like FunnyorDie have steadily climbed in popularity and name recognition, giving new credence to the ambitious goals of men and women who faithfully pay their dues at comedy clubs. Unlike comedians of yesteryear, who generally started out in television or film, several stand-up comedians, Louis C. K. and Seth Rogen … Read More
The new Dreamworks animated film Megamind opened this past weekend, and encouraged by the delightfulness that was last year’s Monsters vs. Aliens, I decided to check it out. It turned out to be pretty enjoyable, sort of a Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog for the kid set. My review and a couple of mild spoilers below the jump.