Happy Tuesday night, dear readers. How is the week treating you so far? Are you getting things done like the Persephoneer badasses you all are? It’s time for our Tuesday night tradition (after Trivia, of course) of encouraging our quieter readers to come out and get to know the rest of us a little better. Read More Delurkify & Peek in Tiny Windows in this Open Thread
Guess what happened to me last night. An f-ing raccoon came to visit me while I was sitting on my front porch! I was out there reading and my cat started to growl, so I assumed that one of the other neighborhood cats had encroached upon her territory, but when I looked up a big honkin’ raccoon was edging around her to come say “Hi” to me. Read More TDG: 3/30
I feel kind of nerdy saying it, but this is one of my favorite trivia games. Below are adjectives based on animal family names. What animals are we referring to when we say: Read More Trivia Tuesday: Animals
I decided I was in the mood for some good, old-fashioned trivia tonight. No themes, no quirks, just a mixed-bag of random bits and pieces scavenged from the dusty corners of my mind. Come on and dive right in, the trivia’s fine.
1. Finish the quote: “If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended…” The next two lines are sufficient. Half credit will be given for identifying playwright, play and character.
2. Which country is the largest producer of peanuts in the world?
3. What does “fragolina” mean?
4. You may have noticed Bea Arthur up in our new banner, which one of her co-stars is a well known animal health advocate?
5. Name the artist who wrote the song “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
6. What is the “lava” in a lava lamp?
7. What are the little mushroom guys in Super Mario Bros called?
8. What is the better known name for “La Fheile Padraig”?
9. In Warehouse 13, which artifact almost killed Myka’s father?
10. Who is this lovely lady?
Photo by Trailer screenshot (The Picture of Dorian Gray trailer) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Erasure. Tonight, Erasure + ABBA, which equals awesome to the awesome power, or as I like to think of it, awfinity. Read More A Selena Open Thread Means One Thing
We’re asking you to dig a little deeper today. Our lovely new header inspired me to do some YouTubing today, looking for some videos of the great ladies of jazz. Listening to Billie Holiday and Dinah Washington, I can’t help but compare them to current musicians. Read More Lunchtime Poll: 2/11
Yes it’s true. The band that made such an impact on us back in the early millennium is calling it quits. I personally credit them as one of the bands on the forefront of garage punk, which was gaining steady speed at the time. Read More White Stripes Break Up