Good afternoon! How goes it where you are, dear reader? Hope you’re skipping through hump day with a spring in your step and a song in your heart. We’re going to get to the field tested poll question in just a bit, right after the break you can find the answer to last night’s trivia questions and the answers to Monday night’s scavenger hunt.
Too hard? Too many questions? I’ll keep working on it till I find a formula that works for us. In the meantime, here are the answers:
1. How many prime numbers are there between 1 and 100?
There are 25 prime numbers between 1 and 100. They are 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, and 97.
2. What does the acronym LAMP stand for in relation to server congifuration?
Linux (the operating system) Apache (web server) MySql (database) PHP, Python and Perl (programming languages)
3. Name five planets mentioned in the Firefly/Serenity universe.
The following are mentioned: Ariel, Beaumonde, Bellerophon, Haven, Hera, Higgins’ Moon, Jinagyin, Lilac, Miranda, Osiris, Persephone, Regina, Santo, St. Albans, Triumph and Whitefall
4. How much memory was in a Commodore 64? (There were several models, with varying amounts of RAM, so there are several right answers.)
Trick question, all the Commodore64s had 64k of memory. It could be expanded, but other Commodores with more or less than 64k of memory were called something besides 64.
5. What was the name of the DoD mainframe computer in War Games?
6. Wendigo – Comic book or Canadian?
7. Put in order of when they assumed command, from earliest to latest: Archer, Picard, Janeway, Sisco, Kirk.
Archer, Kirk, Picard, Sisco, Janeway
8. List in order of badassery: Ripley, Zoe Washburn, Trinity, Sarah Conner, Laura Roslin. Defend.
Correct answer: While you were debating, all five of these women gave you a roundhouse kick to the face. They all win, there is no defense.
9. Easier to prank, Windows or Mac user?
This was going to be a punchline that actually is a giant ball of tank.
10. Computer language or illicit drug: PHP, MDMA, Python
Computer language, drug, computer language
To the scavenger hunt!
1. How many people submitted essays for our Summer of Seventeen very special episode?
2. Name the two couples who write for us.
paper-is-patient and future mr. paper-is-patient, as well as Tashi and Wash (collectively Verdalliance)
3. What color is the icon for posts in the Science category?
4. What was our 2nd post about?
Not being an idiot on the internet, by Selena
5. What is the most popular tag for our posts?
6. Name one of our affiliates.
Thinkgeek.com and ShopPlasticland.com
7. Name three items recommended by Sally and Erinna’s gift guides.
Listing all of them would take me all day. You understand.
8. Name two Persephone writers with pop culture related psuedonyms and identify where the names came from.
I’m leaving this one for another day, because some of them are really, really obscure and equally delightful.
9. Find three bits of trivia you didn’t know before you read them on Persephone.
This one was open to a lot of interpretation.
10. Tell me your favorite article on the blog.
My favorite answer would have been “all of them”
And finally the g’d lunchtime poll question!
If you could go back in time and say one sentence to your high school self, what would it be?
If you are still in high school, this blog is probably too old for you.