Howdy, readers, welcome to today’s Lunchtime Poll. Today, you get to be the TV producer and bring back one canceled-before-its-time show, on one condition. You have to pair your show with a corporation who will do extensive product placement on your show. What show would you bring back, what product would you integrate, and how would you make it brilliant? Answers to yesterday’s trivia can be found after the break.
Congrats to Sara, who got most of these correct!
1. Name all seven dwarfs in alphabetical order.
Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy
2. You are buying carpet for a room with three square walls and a diagonal wall. What is the name of the shape of the room, and how would you determine how much carpet to buy?
Sara correctly called me out for leaving out a critical detail, which is that the diagonal wall was at a 90° angle. We’re scratching this one off the test, and I bet you’re all glad I only taught elementary school.
3. True or false: English evolved from the Romance languages.
Partly true, but mostly false. We get some words from Romantic root words, but most of common English is derived from Germanic languages.
4. Which is closer to the equator, Argentina or Peru?
5. List the phonetic alphabet from Alpha to Zulu.
Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu
6. Do tigers purr?
Nope, they roar instead. Although there is some debate.
7. How many ounces of beer are in a case?
8. Name one of the cities where most US currency is minted.
9. Which company used the slogan “You’re in good hands.”
10. Rearrange these letters to find a popular holiday song: scabby loudest idiot.
Baby, it’s Cold Outside