Tonight’s trivia came to me by way of Sara who got the questions from BaseballChica03. I only know one answer, so I’m pretty excited to read your responses. Sharpen your #2s, it’s about to get all sporty up in Persephone.
1) We’ll start off with an easy one so that the Persephoneers who are not sports fans can join in the fun. What 1955 Broadway musical features a story about a middle-aged man who sells his soul so his beloved Washington Senators will beat a well-known and much-hated team in a pennant race?
2) Which left-handed pitcher won more games than any other lefty in the history of Major League Baseball and now has a pitching award named in his honor?
3) “Baseball’s Sad Lexicon” is a poem written from the point of view of a New York Giants fan, lamenting this famous infield team.
4) According to legend, which US President accidentally invented the seventh inning stretch?
5) Which player has the longest recorded career in Major League Baseball?
6) Who was the oldest rookie to play for Major League Baseball?