Good morning all! I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling sassy today. We have a day full of awesome scheduled and I’ve got “Mr. Sunshine” to look forward to tonight. To kick things off, I have the answers to last night’s riddles as well as a Goodie that is the embodiment of stunningly weird – Leonard Nimoy singing “The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins”
1. What kind of room has no windows and no doors? A Mushroom
2. What has four fingers and a thumb, but no hand? A Glove
3. What is full of holes, but holds water? A Sponge
4. What gets wetter the more it dries? A Towel
5. Can you have an even prime number? Yes, 2
6. It’s been around for a million years, but it’s no more than a month old. What is it? The Moon
7. What belongs to you, but others use it more than you do? Your Name
8. What is it you will break even as you name it? Silence
9. What gets larger the more you take away? A Hole
10. What have I got in my pocket? This was indeed an homage to “The Hobbit.” Bilbo Baggins accidentally wins his riddle game against Gollum by wondering aloud what is in his pocket, so the answer I was looking for was The One Ring (or Gollum’s Preciousss, as Nijimei said). For you sticklers out there, I actually had a Bic lighter and my wallet in my own pockets.
*Bonus – Luck. Maria has earned my undying respect for getting this one; I am terrible at this type of riddle. It is what’s referred to as a dictionary riddle. The clues are somewhat vague, but it you look you can see they narrow down where you would find the answer in the dictionary.
Long after beginning,
Long before time,
Between eternity and perpetuity,
Bracketed by love and magic,
Trapped between lucid and ludicrous
You are summoned to our aid.