What with Meeting Persephone and Persephone in the Media, we’ve been talking about our namesake a lot lately. It’s got me wondering, how well do you know your Greek mythology? I was a total mythology nerd when I was younger. Actually, “was” is inaccurate, I’m still pretty much a mythology nerd. I’ll start you off with the Greek gods, since they are some of the most well-known; I’ll save the heroes and other cultures for another day.
Can you name:
1. The god of thunder, a.k.a the king of the gods?
2. The goddess of marriage, a.k.a. the queen of the gods?
3. The god of the sea?
4. The god of the underworld?
5. The god of wine and ecstasy?
6. The virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon?
7. Her brother, the god of the sun and prophesy?
8. The god of the forge?
9. His wife, the goddess of love?
10. The god of messengers and thieves?
11. The goddess of wisdom?
12. The mother of our beloved Persephone, the goddess of the harvest?
13. The god of war?
14. The goddess of the hearth.
15. The god of wild places.
*Bonus – No one really talks about the queen of the sea, but the king of the sea was in fact married to a goddess, do you know who she is?
If you don’t feel like answering the trivia questions, that’s OK! You can still use the open thread as you see fit.