This evening, join me in getting to know one of our resident music experts, Maggie, a little better. See which five books she’d share after the cut.
1. Which book would you give to a potential significant other?
Great Expectations, but I wouldn’t be bothered if he skipped the book and watched the 1999 Masterpiece Theater version, because I understand how grueling Dickens can be to read. To me the ending is probably the most romantic out of any book I’ve ever read. Pip and Estella begin a wonderful friendship.
2. Which book would you give to a high school senior?
Mountain Interval by Robert Frost, for “The Road Not Taken,” other than the fact that Frost is a great poet in his own right.
3. Which book would you give to your political representatives?
I honestly have no idea.
4. Which book would you give to a former teacher?
My Thirteenth Winter by Samantha Abeel. This was the book that helped me realize I had a math learning disability. I’d like to take it to the whole administration and throw it at their heads. It’s because of them that I have so many problems that could have been corrected with accommodations in my elementary years.
5. Which book would you give to your best friend?
Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty. And I don’t think I need to explain why.