- 3/4 cup of onion
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (ground)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or something else acidic)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 chicken breasts
I am a HUGE fan of South Asian food, and this is one of my very favorite recipes. Two summers ago, I made this every week, and it lasted two to three days depending on how much chicken I used.
1) Mix all ingredients (save chicken) together and pour in plastic ziplock freezer bag.
2) Cut two chicken breasts in half and cut four diagonal slashes in each (medium deep).
3) Place chicken breasts in plastic ziplock bag with the marinade and mix or shake thoroughly.
4) Marinate in fridge overnight.
5) Remove chicken (discard sauce) and either grill or cook in oven until cooked through.
6) Serve with rice.
Tip: You can also buy a tandoori sauce from a specialty store or some supermarkets. Use three teaspoons and just add yogurt, pepper, chili powder, and onion, which makes it handy not to have as many spices on hand.