I’m kind of excited this week. Why? Because Once Upon a Time is finally starting on Friday. I have high hopes for the new show; I love fairy tales and so far the buzz on this fairy tale-inspired drama has been pretty positive. Tonight, in honor of Once Upon a Time, I have fairy tale trivia on deck.
- How long have we been using the phrase “Once upon a time?”
- When was the first Grimm brothers’ fairy tale collection published?
- Who is Aschenputtel?
- In The Six Swans, what did the princess have to do in order to break the spell that had changed her brothers into swans?
- In The Brave Little Tailor, what does “Seven at one blow” really refer to?
- Snow White and Rose Red is a story about two sisters, a bear and _______?
- What gift does Beauty ask for that gets her father in trouble with the Beast?
- Who compiled the “Color” Fairy Books?
- Why does Scheherazade tell stories for 1001 nights?
- How does the huntsman convince his queen that he has killed Snow White?
Last question, what does “a variety of european bellflower used in the making of salads” have to do with classic fairy tales? I’ll give you a hint: