Happy Tuesday, all! I’ve been sick this week, though I woke up today feeling almost human again, and I have medical terminology on the brain. How well do you really know the language that gets tossed around by doctors, pharmacists and advertisers?
- What does NSAID stand for?
- What does the suffix “-itis” actually mean?
- So then, what is “rhinitis”?
- What are the cardinal signs of inflammation?
- What is the difference between bronchitis and pneumonia?
- What does a vasodilator do?
- What exactly is a sphincter muscle?
- What are your sinuses?
- If you are prone, are you lying face up or face down?
- Where is the popliteal region?
- Why does “Rx” stand for “prescription”?
- What is a cyberchondriac?
Well, that’s enough of that. Here’s hoping we all stay healthy this holiday season!