It’s that time again. This week I have a selection of awesome movie quotes for you to identify. I have a deep and abiding love for fun movies. It always made me feel bad when I worked in the theater world, because I felt like my education and knowledge should encourage me toward more substantive entertainment, but I am what I am. I’ll take The Fifth Element over something artistic with subtitles any day. My quote sources reflect this.
- “No, they’re trying to fly that tank.”
- “To hell with this. I’m gonna live!”
- “Well, it’s a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there’s a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.”
- “You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles”
- “Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck!”
- “And then one time I ate some rotten berries. Man, there were some strong gasses seepin’ out of my butt that day.”
- “I’m just a mean green mother from outer space and I’m bad.”
- “Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.”
- “Alyssa, I’m sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It’s not your fault you’re so gap-toothed.”
- “It was some time after its creation when most people forgot that the very oldest stories of the beginning are, sooner or later, about”¦ blood. At least, that’s one theory. The philosopher Didactylos has suggested an alternative hypothesis: ‘Things just happen. What the hell.'”
- “What’s a unicorn?” “Fabled creature! You know, the horse with the horn, impossible to capture”¦”
And, to close out the night, here’s something from one of my favorite movies of all time. It’s artsy and fun, the best of both worlds.