Hi all! How was your Tuesday? Mine was busy, but productive – my favorite kind of day. I took some pictures of my new rainbow glass and it’s got me in a colorful mood. The following phrases are all missing their colors, can you fill them in?
- I’m so happy, I’m tickled _____.
- Now I’m sad, I’m feeling _____.
- I’m _____ with envy.
- Deep in thought, I’m in a ______ study.
- The color that goes with letter, pimpernel and Clue’s Miss ______.
- It’s cool, man, lay it out in _________.
- It’s a ______ flag surrender.
- It’s rare, it only happens once in a ____ moon.
- You look a little _____ around the gills.
- This ______ prose is so romantic.
Have you ever heard of the color sky-blue pink? I always wondered what it was, and it turns out it is a magical mystery color. People have conjectured that it comes from an old ad typo, where instead of “The dress comes in sky-blue, pink, and green,” it read “The dress comes in sky-blue pink and green.” The people who use the phrase use it as a way of saying “mind your own business.”