Make some popcorn, ladies, we’re starting a movie club!
Since the book club has been so much fun, I thought we all might enjoy a movie club, too. Some of the themes I’ve thought of are:
- Rewatching childhood favorites to see how we view them differently as adults.
- Classics that all of us should have seen.
- 80s slumber party favorites, so we Olds can share our favorites with those of you who (gulp) weren’t born at that point.
- Movies that pass the Bechdel Test.
- Movies with badass women.
- Movies that are in some way related to current theatrical releases (prequels, original versions of remakes).
In the comments, let me know what movies you’d be interested in watching. I do think we should skip new releases since they can be cost-prohibitive and not always available in all areas at the same time; movies that are easily available on DVD/Netflix/download would be preferable. On Friday night, I’ll post the suggestions so we can vote on our first film, and I’ll announce the winner next week.