If you’re like me, your allergies and sinuses can get really bad in the summer, and sometimes what starts out as allergies acting up or sinuses draining can turn into the dreaded summer cold.
Fear not, Persephoneers! Here’s a a recipe for a cold summer soup that is just as helpful – gazpacho! Loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C (yay, tomatoes!), it can help you beat that summer cold without overheating you.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tender celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine (or balsamic) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
The recipe serves 4. And a good side with it is crusty bread and spreadable goat cheese. Leftovers keep in the fridge for about 5 days. And on top of that, it’s pretty easy to make.
Source: An old issue of Self magazine from which I tore out the recipe pages.
So chill out and feel better!