Well, not so much the rain as the shower. I have monster stage fright when it comes to singing in front of people, but get me in my shower or car and I turn into a regular Streisand. I’ll sing whatever comes to mind, but I have a few standards that always end up in the rotation. Here are my top five shower songs:
- “Love for Sale,” Shirley Horn version
- “Stray Cat Strut,” Stray Cats
- “Bring it on Home,” Sam Cooke
- “If You Could See Her Through My Eyes,” Cabaret soundtrack
- “I Won’t Stand in Your Way,” Stray Cats
Cole Porter is one of my favorites for singing lustily, so an honorable mention goes to “Let’s Do It.” It only missed the top five because I constantly forget the order of the lyrics. Now, what are yours?
Author’s Note: Tuesday trivia will be back in a month or two, when my trivial batteries have recharged.