When you’re pulling loads of overtime, the news, even the bad news, feels a bit like a break. You need more copy changes? That’s okay! Things could be worse!
Syria bombed a rebel-held town, killing 40. It’s sad. Really sad. NYTimes
Newsweek will cease print publication at the end of the year. Print is dead. Long live print. NYTimes
Yet another court confirms that DOMA is frakking unconstitutional. NYTimes
Google stock went down yesterday after their earnings report was released early. If you can afford a few shares, it might be a good time to buy, because, you know, that’ll go right back up. BBC
The Eurozone is trying to negotiate about money. You know how talking about money is not something you should do at Thanksgiving because it makes everyone feel uncomfortable, inadequate and resentful? Yeah, it’s kind of like that. Al Jazeera
Being poor is becoming less and less cool. Which is part of why the poor keep getting the short end of the stick. Al Jazeera
Boy Scouts’ “perversion files” were released yesterday. These discuss decades of sexual abuse allegations. You know, just about any organization that bans the gays is usually doing something seriously ethically questionable. LATimes
So if you’re working a double, just remember, things could be worse.
9 replies on “News Appetizers Work Overtime”
No more Newsweek? What else will I get for boyfriend Freckle as random small gifts?
Newsweek was a crappy magazine anyway. No great loss.
It looks like Malala Yousafzai has a good chance of being okay, in news that isn’t awful.
That’s really wonderful news.
On the plus side, binders are getting a lot of reviews on Amazon.com:
“I was originally going to rate this only 1 star. You see, I’m a big girl and I can only squeeze about 53% of myself into this binder. But then I decided that I’m not going to worry about the other 47%.”
That is awesome. The internet has been having a field day with this. I like the binders full of women tumblr myself.
“I’m proud to say that I’m in this binder. I’ve spend 20 years working my way up from Walmart mom to soccer mom, and finally, I’ve hit the glass ceiling. I’m a binder mom! I highly recommend this binder I’m in, but be aware that if you purchase it, you must be flexible and let me put a ham in the oven by 5. Otherwise, my kids might resort to gun violence. “
“My advice is to be very careful when ordering, because what I received were binders full of men. “