What makes you feel badass? Or maybe it’s not so much a feeling of badassness, but a boost of confidence, the kind that puts a little bounce in your step. I know there are a few things that I can always count on to help me feel that I can take on the world.
SaraB’s Top Five Confidence Boosters
- Boots. Whenever I am wearing a good solid pair of boots, I walk differently. My stride takes on an element of “Don’t get in my way.”
- A leather or denim jacket. Call it a throwback to my wild youth, but a bitchin’ jacket makes me feel good.
- Red lipstick. I don’t normally wear makeup, but when I do I like deep red shades that say “Why yes, I am sexy, thankyouverymuch.”
- Lumber. That’s right, large pieces of wood. I used to be a carpenter, and when I pick up a stack of 2″x4″s or a sheet of plywood, I still feel powerful. Same goes for my favorite hammer. Remembering that I am strong gives me a feeling that I can do anything.
- “I’ve Been Lonely For So Long,” by Frederick Knight. There are a lot of songs that make me feel cool, and this is one of my favorites. When I say “cool,” I don’t mean “OMG, that is so cool!” I mean like Samuel L. Jackson cool. The kind of cool that allows one to say “[My wallet’s] the one that says ‘Bad Motherfucker'”
I mean, come on. I don’t normally go for falsetto, but the baseline in this song is just so damn sexy.