No fancy intro this time, I just want to know the five most badass, rockin’, amazingly cool concerts you have attended. Mine are as follows:
- Ministry at Lollapalooza. It was a nearly religious, life changing experience.
- The Reverend Horton Heat. He is all kinds of fun and a consummate performer.
- Bikini Kill. Small venue, crowded show, I was about three feet from Kathleen O’Hara throughout. It’s the closest I’ve ever been to playing the role of groupie.
- The Jim Rose Circus Side Show. I had a huge thing for the Enigma for a time. He has very pretty blue eyes and a gentlemanly manner.
- Beastie Boys and Cyprus Hill on Halloween, 1992. Seriously, need I say more?
Honorable mention goes to The Pietasters and Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Bad Religion. Oddly enough, The Violent Femmes is in my bottom five list. I don’t know if it was me, or the crowd, or the band, but it was like listening to a very loud record with a huge group of stoners. I was kind of bored throughout, which was disappointing, because I really love their music.